Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Insidious

Director: James Wan

Rated: PG-13

Film District: July 12, 2011

102 Minutes
From IMDb:
A gripping story of a family in search of help for their son, Dalton, who fell into a mysterious comatose on one ordinary morning. Little do they know that there is much more to this endless sleep than meets the eye as they explore the paranormal, and rediscover the past; the key to getting their son back once and for all.

I wish that more directors made movies like 'Insidious.' I literally just finished watching it and my adrenaline is still pumping! I loved movies that make you jump..or scream..or at least get your heart pumping. This movie has all of that and more! Amazing! I thought that it should be higher rated than PG-13 because I thought they dropped the f-bomb a few times but maybe not haha.

The story is about a family; Josh, Renai, and three children. As they settle into their new home they notice some strange things going on. A lot of people are saying that 'Insidious' was slow to start, but I feel like it was an awesome start to an amazing movie. It gives you that slow creepy feeling of a haunted house movie. Not only is this movie thoroughly scary, it is full of twists. It has everything you need to make an awesome movie, an incredible one!!

I highly, highly, highly, recommend 'Insidious.' If you haven't seen it yet, I urge you to do so! It has been a long time since a movie scared me the way 'Insidious' did. I don't own it yet, but I fully intend to buy it as soon as all the stores around my house starts selling the Blu-Ray copies! Love, love, love it! Also, James Wan, fantastic director. I have yet to see a movie of his that I hate.

My Rating: 5/5

Ginger


I saw Insidious in the theatre when it came out. I was expecting it to be like just another possession type movie, Amityville horror storyline etc. What I didn't expect, was to be literally frightened by this movie. While it lacks in gore and blood, it makes up for with suspense, darkness and just plain old fashioned scariness. The music contributed to the fear factor of the movie as well. The writer behind this movie, Leigh Whannell did an outstanding job.That comes as no surprise, considering his body of work. You may remember him as David in the first Saw movie. Chained up in the bathroom with Dr. Gordon. Since then, he also wrote Saw II, Saw III, and Saw: The Video Game and has directed and starred in a long list of great movies.

I really liked Lin Shaye's performance as the family friend who deals with paranormal activity. Although, I couldn't help but find her remind me of Alan Rickman. (Also a big Rickman fan here :). There were parts towards the end, that had me covering my eyes slightly with my hand. And not to spoil it for anyone who has not seen it yet..the ending is outstanding! Definetely not what I had expected.

Like my fellow reviewer, I am also giving Insidious 5/5..

Bidding you bloody nightmares,

Nyx



No comments:

Post a Comment