Monday, July 25, 2011

Fangoria Frightfest-Fragile

Director: Jaume Balaguero

Rated: PG-13

Phase 4 Films: September 28, 2010

97 Minutes
From Amazon:
As the new night nurse at a soon to be abandoned children's hospital readies the last group of orphans to leave, it becomes increasingly clear that these are not normal children. Something living in the hospital, something the children call the mechanical girl; has a terrifying hold over them and will stop at nothing to keep them in the hospital with her forever.
'Fragile' is part of Fangoria Frightfest. I love Fangoria films, for the most part, so it's no surprise that I loved 'Fragile.' It had an incredible storyline, good characters, great acting, and it was creepy. Come on, who doesn't love a creepy haunted hospital? 'Fragile' is directed by the fabulous Jaume Balaguero and, as I've come to expect from him, it's fantastic! You might recognize some of his work in 'Rec' or 'Rec 2' probably most notable is 'darkness' staring Anna Paquin. Not only did Balaguero direct 'Fragile' but he wrote it as well. And I have to admit, I'm impressed!

'Fragile' is about a sick kids hospital. The beginning of the movie is immaculate. It lets you know that you're in for an awesome movie! I don't want to spoil the movie because I feel like everyone should check it out, so I won't say much about the story line. At the hospital, they hire an American nurse to take over the night shift and look after the few children that are left there. This hospital is run down. So run down, in fact, that no one has been on the second floor since 1959....I think it was 1959. Don't quote me on that! Anyways, new night nurse, Amy Nichols (Calista Flockhart), soon finds out that the hospital might be haunted by a spirit the children call 'mechanical girl.'

Amazing movie! That's all I can really say. I loved it. And, I'm not going to lie, I put off watching this movie for a long time. Because I wasn't sure of it and I always had more appealing things to watch in my ridiculous stack of movies. I'm glad I decided to watch it today! It was fantastic! And, for once, you actually get to see the spirit in the movie. I would have been PISSED if I hadn't been able to see...it. 'Fragile' is a totally twisted tale in more ways then one with a shocker at the end. Definitely, definitely worth checking out! So go watch it...now!

My rating: 5/5

Ginger


No comments:

Post a Comment