Sunday, July 17, 2011

Anneliese: The Exorcist Tapes

Director: Jude Gerard Prest

Rated: Not Rated

The Asylum Home Entertainment: March 1, 2011

90 Minutes

'Annaeliese: The Exorcist Tapes' is supposed to be the true "film" from the exorcism of Anneliese Michel. Most people will probably recognize her name because 'The Exorcism of Emily Rose' is also based on her story. That being said, these are clearly not the real tapes. Nor is the movie any good. I forced myself to sit through this one because I didn't want to just give up and say, I couldn't watch it. But it was bad. They claim these are the real tapes...and I think that they tried to prove they were real by trying to make the film look old. For instance, most of the film has this...soft sort of air brushed look to it. It's terrible. It makes it look worse than if they had just filmed it with a camera and not tried to brighten or alter the picture. And the acting is not too great either.

I didn't actually know when I started watching this movie that it was based off of the life of Anneliese Michel. I thought it was like a 'Paranormal Activity' type of movie. I researched the movie while watching it because if I hadn't done something else, I would have fallen asleep from sheer boredom. So, I didn't know it was based on a real person's story. So when I started watching it, the whole time I was just like, wow, copy the Exorcist much? But it is true to story...I guess. The acting is terrible...the lighting drives me NUTS! I can't stand it. And the fact that, when Anneliese has an episode where she is under full possession, she starts screaming "666" in french...which I can't see a possessed person doing. And by possessed I mean the "demon" or whatever.

Anneliese Michel's story is definitely a sad one. And some people might find it disturbing. But I feel like this movie made a mockery of her life. I do not recommend it. I usually would not negate someone's work...and I know that people work very hard to make these movies. But it was bad. I guess it's worth checking out if you like bad acting and terrible lighting and bad writing and all that stuff. For me, I did not like it...at all.

My rating: 1/5

Ginger


No comments:

Post a Comment