Wednesday, July 13, 2011

8213: Gacy House

Director: Anthony Fankhauser

Rated: Not Rated

Asylum Home Ent: September 28, 2010

90 Minutes
From IMDb:
A group of paranormal investigators enter the abandoned home of pedophile and serial killer John Gacy, hoping to find evidence of paranormal activity. Upon entering the house they set-up cameras throughout the abandoned house while going room to room with hand-held cameras, performing séances and asking for John Gacy to come forward. As the evening progresses it seems the investigators are not prepared for the horror still within the house.

I typically try to give every movie I watch a fair shot. Even if I hate it, I'll try to struggle through it. Unfortunately, I couldn't do that for '8213: Gacy House.' It definitely was not the WORST movie I've ever seen but it was in that list. The acting was terrible...and just...everything about it was wrong! For some reason, in almost every movie like this, there is a girl cast as the crazy Wiccan girl. And this girl is always a terrible actor, over the top, and a complete nut job. I mean, really? And why doesn't it ALWAYS have to be a girl? UGH! Anyways, besides the painful redundancies that are in '8213: Gacy House' and minus all of its downfalls...I still couldn't sit through it. I turned it off about half way through.

'8213: Gacy House' is the story of a group of 6 individuals whose names I can not even remember. They go to where the Gacy house used to be and launch an investigation. One thing I have to complain about, is that near the beginning of the film, they are in a circle and the crazy chick is all "John Wayne Gacy Jr, we call to you, I sacrifice my 15 year old nephews sweater." W.T.F? Anyways, there is this...what I'm assuming as an orb(?) that shoots up from the fireplace into the chimney. But there was next to no reaction. Then a couple people are talking in the kitchen and the door slams, no reaction. There are two people upstairs investigating and the lighting makes it look like shadows on the wall...I guess? So they are all like "Oh my gosh, you guys better get up here!" And then everyone is acting like this "shadow person" is proof of a haunting...or a spirit. Ok...but what about the door slamming shut RIGHT BESIDE YOU??? Or the ridiculously bright blue orb thing that made a loud noise and shot up into the fireplace? Ohh that's right, those are normal everyday things. I forgot! Terrible, terrible, terrible!

I won't say that you shouldn't watch this movie...or that...you should. But it will never play on my TV again. I will also never fall for a Netflix suggestion when it says "Like: Paranormal Activity." I did not give this movie a 1/5 because there is a possibility that it could have been better. And, like I said, it's not the worst movie out there. But I have to advise you to not waste your money!

My Rating: 2/5

Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment