Saturday, October 29, 2011

Paranormal Activity

Director: Oren Peli

Rated: R

Paramount: December 29, 2009

86 Minutes
From Amazon:
This intense edge-of-your seat horror film follows a young suburban couple who record the sinister disturbances in their home while they sleep – even as the domestic haunting becomes more frequent, more threatening and all too personal. Hypnotic and harrowing, Paranormal Activity uniquely delivers frightful suspense punctuated by moments of sudden and unexpected terror, all the way to the shocking ending.

Oh 'Paranormal Activity' how I love you! The firs time I watched this movie it was on a computer, at night, in the dark, with headphones on. And it scared that crap outta me hehe. I think about halfway through the movie I turned it off because I couldn't watch it anymore cause I was scared. Then I was addicted. Ever since I watched 'Paranormal Activity' I've been on this "real" film kick thing. So every time I hear of a "self shot" movie, I have to check it out. I guess that's why I was one of the fewwww people who looooved Blair Witch Project.

So this movie is about a guy named Micah who films his girlfriend (right? fiancee? w/e) and their "paranormal activity" experiences. It's creepy. At first I was like, it's going to have terrible acting, this movie is going to suck! So I was shocked when it didn't haha. I don't want to say too much about this movie because I know there are a few people who follow Two Gory Chicks who haven't seen it but want to. I plan on releasing a review for PA 2 in a few days as well because I'm going to see the third one in theaters soon!

At any rate, if you like to be scared, and you're into ghosts and/or the possibility of them then I urge you to check this out. I watched it with someone who is a skeptic of all things paranormal and he hates it, so just a heads up. Watch this movie at home, alone...or not...with the lights out and tell me you don't get the slightest bit freaked!

My Rating: 5/5
Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment