Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Human Centipede

Director: Tom Six

Rated: Not Rated

IFC Films: October 5th, 2010

92 Minutes
From Amazon:
The compelling simplicity of Saw. The stylish dread of Eraserhead. The black humor of A Nightmare On Elm Street. Those are the benchmarks of horror that the outrageous Dutch film The Human Centipede matches. The plot is diabolically simple: two stranded American tourists are given shelter by a famed German doctor (a maniacally intense Dieter Laser) who made his fortune surgically separating conjoined twins. Now his mad genius is pushing the doctor to do the reverse. He tells the women that they will be surgically attached to a Japanese businessman mouth to buttocks, one after the other and thus will be born a new creature: the human centipede!

So, I watched this movie a long time ago. Well, a few months ago anyways. And I have been putting off writing a review for it because, lets face it, this movie is pretty sick. And I didn't want to have to think about it. If you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't seen it, you will. This movie left me feeling sick to my stomach. Just the cover of the movie should make you think disgusting things. I'm not really sure why I watched this movie....I think I was bored and it was the only thing somewhat interesting looking on my netflix. I tend to not read what a movie is about before I watch it...it's like reading the back of a book before you read it.

So, this movie is about a human centipede. Big shocker there. Anyways, it's three people....sewn together to create a human centipede. It's disgusting. It's like the worst three-way imaginable! haha. There is this completely demented surgeon gone mad scenario. He drugs some people, sews them together and BAM human centipede.

This movie isn't scary. Well, it's not like...scary the crap out of you like that one scene in Insidious! but it's scary on a psychological level. Like, the thought of this happening is so disgusting and scary. I feel like, despite it's extremely appalling nature, this film was well executed. And, alas, they are making a Human Centipede 2...which I'll also watch for the sake of watching, I'm sure. Here, watch the trailer for part 2:


More disgustingness, no? lol. Anyways, if you can get over the nasty poop chin part of this movie, it's not SO bad right?

My Rating: 3/5
Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment