Thursday, August 25, 2011

Knife Edge

Director: Anthony Hickox

Rated: R

E1 Entertainment: April 20, 2010

90 Minutes
From Amazon:
Blissfully happy in her new marriage, Emma (Natalie Press) gives up her successful Wall Street career and moves with her family to a secluded country estate. But her dream of a perfect life quickly turns into a nightmare when she begins seeing strange and terrifying visions of horrific events from the mansion’s past.

At the time that I'm starting this review, I'm still watching the movie. But I had to start writing the review because I don't think I'm going to finish watching this movie. The characters in the movie all seem to have a total disconnect to the other characters. Like, the main chick and her husband. They have a "forced relationship" and there is really no character developments. The acting is subpar at best. I am currently only 30 minutes into the story and I'll continue to watch for a little while but as of right now, I don't like it. It has a repetitive aspect with all the "scary" points in the movie being just loud noises. Nothing that is actually scary. I have to admit, creepiest thing in the movie is the statue of a little boy that Emma walks past in the beginning of the movie. That's sad.

The story is that of Emma who is a NY stock broker. Her (french?) husband or boyfriend or whatever moves her to England to live in some fancy house. Her...significant other leaves on business for a few days and Emma experiences some terrifying (and I use that word lightly) visions. As well as...I don't know, other crap. For me, this movie had no highlights, no good points. Not much of anything.

I really didn't like this movie. The only reason I attempted to watch it was because I was bored and tired and I came across it on Netflix Instant Queue. This movie is a blatant ripoff of 'Amytiville Horror' and 'The Shining.' There is really nothing else left to say about it except that I didn't like. The best actor, the nanny who only has a few lines. The creepiest thing, a statue. and the scariest part...there is none.

My Rating: 1/5

Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment