Tuesday, June 12, 2012

REC

Directors: Juame Balaguero & Paco Plaza

Rated: R

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment: July 14, 2009

78 Minutes
From Amazon: From Executive Producers who brought you Quarantine, comes the movie that inspired the terror. A beautiful TV reporter (Manuela Velasco, Law of Desire) and her cameraman are doing a routine interview at a local fire station when an emergency call comes in. Accompanying the firefighters to a nearby apartment, the news team begins recording the bloodcurdling screams coming from inside an elderly woman's unit. After authorities seal off the building to contain the threat, the news crew, firefighters and residents are trapped to face a lethal terror inside. With the camera running, nothing may survive but the film itself.
I was so, SO, excited to finally buy and watch [Rec]. I really can't even put into words how badly I wanted to see it. Especially because like, everyone and their mom has been talking about how scary it is and how good it was. You can imagine my excitement when I found it for sale at Blockbuster for .99! I also found [Rec] 2 which I haven't watched yet for .99. So I grabbed them both right away and here we are. I was so disappointed! I still thought it was an okay movie. It had like 1 or 2 scares in it, there was blood and zombie like creatures (always a ++++ in my book!) but I still didn't love it. The beginning was so slow! The best part of the movie had to have been the ending!

So, this movie is about this woman and her cameraman and they are spending the night with these firemen making a show called While you were sleeping or something. So the first...20 minutes or so was just her doing boring things and interviewing people. 20 minutes is a LONG time for such a short movie! It's practically half of the movie! So they get called out because this woman is locked in her apartment. Well it turns out this lady has some kind of disease or virus or something and she attacks this guy and rips a chunk out of his neck. So then the building gets put on quarantine (hence the name of the American remake) and everyone attacks each other and walks around and fights....and walks around.

I didn't find this movie scary at all. There was one part that might have made me jump if it was painstakingly obvious. As I said earlier, the best part was probably the last 5 minutes or so. If you watch this movie I guess you'll see why. I'm definitely not going to ruin the ending...that was the best part! lol. Anyways, overall I wasn't impressed at all. It definitely could have been loads better but you get what you get I guess. I'm not holding onto hope for part 2 but I'll definitely watch it in the next couple of days just to get it over with and so I can review it. Watch this movie...or don't...you aren't missing out on much.

My Rating: 3/5
Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment