Wednesday, August 1, 2012

[Rec 2]

Director: Jaume Balaguero and Paco Plaza

Rated: R

Magnolia Pictures: July 12, 2011

85 Minutes

From Amazon:
The highly anticipated sequel to one of the scariest films of all time, [REC] 2 picks up 15 minutes from where we left off, taking us back into the quarantined apartment building where a terrifying virus runs rampant. What they find inside lies beyond the scope of medical science - a demonic nightmare more terrifying than they could possibly imagine.

I wasn't exactly the biggest fan of the first [Rec] but I checked out the second one anyways. Partially because I bought it the same time I bought the first one. The second one seems like a better movie although I still don't think it was great. I'd say it wasn't really my type of movie but I love "found footage" films. I'm not sure what it was or why I didn't like them so much, I just didn't. The acting was fairly well done, the story line's mesh together good...I think it just wasn't a Ginger type of movie.

This movie takes place shortly after the end of the first [Rec] but involves a crew of special forces who take a doctor/priest into the quarantined building. The thing that I liked more about [Rec 2] then the first one was that the second had way more explanation. It was almost like they took questions people had about the first one and found a way to answer them in part 2. I'm sure this was a huge plus for all the fans of both [Rec] films.

I think I'm kind of neutral towards this movie. I didn't like it but I didn't hate it either. It had it's moments (even if there was only a few), it had a few creepy parts, and a twist at the end which is always a plus! If you haven't had the chance to check them out yet you might want to. As long as you don't start either movie with high expectations I think you'll find both movies to be quite enjoyable!

My Rating: 3/5
Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment