Thursday, January 12, 2012

Resident Evil


Director: Paul W. S. Anderson

Rated: R

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment: July 30, 2002

100 Minutes
From IMDb:
A special military unit fights a powerful, out-of-control supercomputer and hundreds of scientists who have mutated into flesh-eating creatures after a laboratory accident.

I decided to write a review for the Resident Evil moviessss because there is a new game coming out this year (which I fully intend on buying) and because I feel like they get a lot of bad reviews and I love them! I know I can't be called a die hard Resident Evil fan or anything but I do love both the games AND the movies. A lot of people want to make comparisons between the games and movies but I try to not look at it that way. I try to look at it as it's own thing, completely separate from the games. Maybe that's what lets me love them so much lol.

I don't really feel the need to write about what 'Resident Evil' is about because if you haven't seen it, then you've been living under a rock! Anyways, lets cover the basics. It's a movie about zombies. Yup. Mingled among these zombies are super genius computers, the infamous Alice (played by Milla Jovovich. I can't pronounce her last name but I have fun trying), and all of the bloodshed and mayhem takes place underground in a secret facility known as 'The Hive.'

I love things that most people hate and, I don't like to admit it but, a lot of people hate the Resident Evil movies. So it should really be no surprise that I love them. The only thing that really prompted this review was the fact that I'm planning on buying the movies on Blu-Ray this week so I thought, I haven't written a review in a long time, so why not? Overall, I loved 'Resident Evil.' What's not to love? Zombies, mutated animals, blood, zombies, Milla Jovovich, did I mention zombies?

My Rating: 5/5
Ginger

2 comments:

  1. Oh hell yeah girl. Those movies are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Resident Evil the most. The action down to the creepy zombies. The part when they are trapped in the room and the lasers jack them all up into pieces......awesome!! Oh how I loved playing the games....:)

    ReplyDelete